2. Afterwards, he became an orphan. Other children treated him terribly. They laughed at him, bullied him. The moment he thought of ending his life by drowning, a Poliwhirl saved him. And Poli became his first friend, because no one ever cared for him. (he came back the orphanage, soaking, but none of them glanced at him.)
His first Pokemon battle was out of revenge, taking joy in seeing his bully fall and beaten. In his mind at that time, he had thought that if he continued being week, he'd never gain anything. That was when his fake smile appeared.
(But he was still lonely.)
3. In his life, he'll never forget the day he met Green. At first, the boy reminded him a lot of those children at the orphanage. That was why he determined to win. But the next thing he knew was that Green had taught him many things. Oddly enough, learning something from Green feels right. Green is his best friend even before Red can know.
4. People think he respects and is grateful to Kasumi most. In fact, no. He might be grateful to her, but he doesn't respect her as much as Giovanni. His favorite Gym Leader is Giovanni, too. The man might be his arch enemy, but it doesn't stop Red. He finds the courage in the man. Because not everyone could do anything to find his missing son, not everyone could feel he should be alive to atone what he had done. And yet, Giovanni did.
5. People say Kasumi acts strangely around him, he knows. But he doesn't think she likes him that way. In his opinion, Kasumi is too important to be his love interest. Thanks to her, he realized being cocky wasn't the true opinion. In short, she was like the one showing him his light.
He doesn't dare love her more than a friend.
6. People say he doesn't remember he saved Yellow from Dratini. No, he does remember, he doesn't know why it is a big deal. It is the right thing to do, so why everyone has to try to remind him?
7. He doesn't ignore Yellow, either. Who can ignore Yellow, anyways? She is kind-hearted, caring and sweet. He believes she will overcome her shyness. Still, he doesn't know why he has that strange feeling around her. He doesn't dare think of it, because it feels to twisted. He doesn't have any experience with that kind of love. His father had abandoned his mother before he was born. His mother had left him, without showing any affection towards him.
He doesn't believe in himself.
8. That's why he makes himself busy with training. He has to forget those feeling. He doesn't trust himself to make her happy.
But as Blue said, he couldn't avoid it anymore.
9. He didn't regret marrying her. He still likes the lifestyle of training and wandering, of protecting people from the bad.
But still, the idea of having a child terrified him. Him? A father? He didn't know anything about it, and he had never felt the fatherly love in his whole life. How could he be a good father. But when Yellow told him that she was pregnant, he could see they were his everything.
He has a son and a daughter, and he's fine with it, because he doesn't have a favorite son or favorite daughter.
10. Truthfully, he doesn't hate his father. How can you hate someone you know nothing about? He resented his mother, but never truly hated her, either.
But he'd be a good father, he decided.